We’re Hiring! Become a Sole Girls Coach
July 27, 2017
Posted In: Community
Join an Inspiring Movement and Empower Girls
We are looking for enthusiastic and inspiring women, with a passion for physical activity, to join our team as a Vancouver Sole Girls Coach this September 2017!
Start Date: September 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Who is Sole Girls?
Sole Girls is empowerment through physical activity and mentorship. Using creative running games Sole Girls empowers girls ages 6 to 12 with tools to develop healthy ideas about body image, media, healthy living, peers and self-esteem. Sole Girls offers Weekly Sessions, Camps and Workshops for girls ages 6 to 12, training programs for adult and youth leaders and fun running events for the whole family.
Who are Sole Girls Coaches?
Sole Girls Coaches are enthusiastic, energetic and inspiring women with a passion for physical activity (running) and teaching girls about empathy, values and why being a girl is awesome. They’ve been through the bullying, the mean girls, the body image, the emotions of growing up and “get it”, they don’t want anyone else – especially young girls – to have to experience what they went through.
Why become a Sole Girls Coach?
1. You’ve Experienced the “Girl World”
You’ve been through it. Through the mean girls, the bullying, the body image and don’t want anyone else, especially young girls to experience what you went through. You want to make a difference for girls and make sure they feel empowered and inspired during their tween years.
2. You are ready for Growth and Transformation
We grow by helping others grow. Empowering and inspiring others not only transforms your peers but also changes you. By getting involved with Sole Girls, you have the opportunity to live your values, achieve your goals and make a difference in a girl’s life.
3. A Network of Empowering Women
Get involved with Sole Girls and connect with a network of empowering women with similar values, goals, and lifestyles. Build life-long friendships with the leaders in your community, while empowering girls, being active and providing support.
Responsibilities of a Sole Girls Coach
Sole Girls Coaches are responsible for ensuring that their programs run smoothly. This includes organizing lesson plans, program supplies, training and mentoring Soleteers (volunteer leaders) and communicating information to participants, and Soleteers.
Specific tasks include:
- Show leadership in building a local Sole Girls community by communicating effectively with girls, parents, Soleteers and community partners.
- Manage groups of up to 15 girls (age 8-12), while establishing and maintaining a safe environment where participants can discuss issues, have fun and build self-confidence.
- Arrive on-time, set-up and take-down equipment, take attendance, monitor individual behaviour and group dynamics, and remain at the program location until all participants are picked up by their parent.
- Compile essential information and prepare a weekly e-newsletter to communicate this information to parents.
- Assist with promotion of Sole Girls programs by putting up posters near your program location.
- Recruit, hire, train and mentor Soleteers. This includes gathering feedback and providing guidance to help improve leadership performance.
Sole Girls Coaches have the following skills and abilities:
- Enjoy running and lead an active lifestyle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and passion working with girls age 8-12, with the ability to manage group dynamics and difficult situation.
- Experience in a coaching or mentorship role, or teaching at the elementary school level is an asset
- Excellent punctuality, organization skills and work ethics
- Administrative and/or marketing experience are assets
- Basic computer and social media skills. Having an active and inspiring social media profile is an asset
- Must be the age of majority in the province in which they work
- Criminal records check (including vulnerable sector) and First Aid Training
Hours & Locations
Sole Girls runs 9-week Weekly Sessions, 2-5 Day Camps and Workshops in Vancouver and across Canada. Programs typically take place in schools, community centres and partner stores. Weekly Sessions are offered once per week during after school hours (2:30-6:00pm) and on weekends. Camps typically run 9:30-3:00pm and take place during school breaks.
All Sole Girls coaches receive extensive training and ongoing mentorship from Sole Girls Founder and CEO, Ashley Wiles. Coaches are contracted for the Weekly Session at $20.00 per hour for 3 hours per week.