Sole Girls Operations Manager
August 11, 2017
Posted In: Community
Join an Inspiring Movement and Empower Girls
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring woman, with a passion for physical activity, to join our Vancouver team this September 2017!
Sole Girls Operations Manager
Our core values are essential in how we run our operations, and we are looking for an Operations Manager who resonates with the SOLE (Support, Open Minded, Loving and Enthusiasm)!
Sole Youth Programs Inc.
Position Title: Operations Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada – Work from Home
Duration: part-time, 20-30 hrs/week
Who is Sole Girls?
We believe that healthy, happy girls make strong, successful leaders and stronger communities.
Sole Girls is empowerment through physical activity and mentorship. Using creative running games, Sole Girls empowers girls ages 6 to 12 with tools to develop healthy ideas about body image, media, healthy living, peers and self-esteem. Sole Girls offers Weekly Sessions, Camps and Workshops for girls ages 6 to 12, Training Programs for adult and youth leaders and fun active events for the whole family.
Mission: Sole Girls creates experiences that keep girls and their supporters moving forward with tools to live thoughtfully, mindfully and full of confidence.
Vision: Every girl around the world is thriving! She feels safe, has support and is living a healthy, active and empowered life.
Want to learn more about what we do? Check us out here: https://youtu.be/EkO_wqSh9T4
Sole Girls is seeking a Operations Manager from a management and customer facing background to join our team. You will be responsible for coordinating and booking Sole Girls programs and managing all aspects of communication with Sole Girls staff, Licensees and parents/registrants. The successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter and able to work individually and collaboratively!
We’re hiring an Operations Manager to grow with us. To start, your duties will include:
- Coordinating with program locations and managing registrations and bookings
- Managing all aspects of emails and communication between Sole Coaches and Volunteers, Sole Licensees and participants/parents
- Ensure operational procedures and practices are well defined, documented and consistently applied
- Paying invoices and expenses and supervising accounting procedures
- Ordering and distributing promotional materials and program supplies
- Completing other paperwork and administrative tasks as required
- Managing online store sales and mailing
- Updating and maintaining Customer Relationship Management System as needed
Additional duties will depend on the skills and interests of the successful candidate, but may include:
- Conducting initial interviews and reference checks for volunteers and instructors
- Growing and strengthening our online community and partnerships
- Updating and maintaining solegirls.org (WordPress)
- Assisting with bookkeeping
What we Look for
- A student or graduate of a business, communications or a related program
- You are Sole Awesome, ie: supportive, open-minded, caring, compassionate, and enthusiastic
- You want to make the world a better place by empowering girls, women, and… everyone
- Extremely detail oriented and able to multitask and work with short deadlines and quick turnarounds
- You are able to identify opportunities for efficiency, cost reduction and continuous improvement
- You enjoy building relationships and have excellent communication, influencing and customer management skills
- You have experience working with content and customer management systems
This position might be right for you if:
- You are interested in a part-time position (20-30 hours per week initially)
- You have your own work-space, computer and transportation
- You live in the Vancouver area and are available for a weekly face to face meeting
September 1, 2017
To apply for this position, we recommend the following:
- Please send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
- Please reference job title “Sole Girls Operations Manager” in the subject line and ensure contact name and e-mail are provided
- In the Cover Letter please include your responses to the following questions:
- How do you embody SOLE values? (Support, Open-Mind, Love, Enthusiasm)
- How will your past experiences translate to this position?
- How does becoming part of Sole Girls fit with your life/career goals?
Please send Resumes to Ashley Wiles at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address all Cover Letters to Ashley Wiles.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Thank you! You are SOLE awesome!