Category Archives: Community

A Week of Female Game Changers

March 5, 2017

Posted In: Community

International Women’s Day took place this Wednesday on March 8, 2017 and we are celebrating girl power all week long. This week is dedicated to featuring incredible strong women, that have made or are making a direct positive impact on their community. Check out the amazing female game changers, in the Sole Community and […]

Read More

We’re in Australia!

December 12, 2016

This week Sole Girls went to Australia and hosted our first official LeadHERship Training in New South Wales, Australia!! Check out what Joelle had to say about her LeadHERship Training experience: “​I have just spent a weekend with Ashley on LeadHERship Training. This weekend was valuable for any person working with young people. She […]

Read More

Meet Coach Danielle

October 22, 2016

This week we chatted with Coach Danielle of Trail, BC! 1. What is your power word?  I have a power phrase which is Stay Wild. This phrase reminds me to stay true to myself, my heart and my soul, and 100% authentic. It reminds me to drown out societies standards and guidelines and live completely […]

Read More

5 reasons why being a girl is awesome

October 9, 2016

October 11, 2016 is International Day of the Girl. This week we are celebrating why being a girl is amazing. We need to embrace and love being a girl. Here are five reasons why being a girl is awesome! Can you think of any more?   1. We look awesome in tutus! 2. Or we […]

Read More

Trusting Ourselves

September 21, 2016

Trust, Confidence and Tweens ​ Have you ever felt like you are not good enough? We all have. Every day we are bombarded by media telling us what we should have – thicker hair, a flat stomach, flawless skin. The list can go on and on. According to the Daily Mail, more than half of […]

Read More

She came home with total confidence!

September 8, 2016

Sarah Fillmore is a Sole Girls parent from Trail, BC. This week in Trail, Coach Maddie had the opportunity to sit down with Sarah. Learn about Sarah’s story and the impact Sole Girls has had on her as a parent and her daughter Olivia!   Last weekend Sarah’s daughter, Olivia, attended a Sole Girls […]

Read More

Coach’s Spotlight: Meet Olivia Nussey!

April 6, 2016

This week we are featuring Olivia Nussey! Olivia is a Sole Girls Coach in North Vancouver BC. A bit about me:I am in my last year of my Music Therapy degree at Capilano University! What is your power word? ​ACTION! There is nothing to motivate you more than to simply MOVE towards what you want, and […]

Read More

Thank You!

November 6, 2015

A year and a half ago, we met with Nicola G, the community manager at MEC North Vancouver and we talked about how we can empower our community through running.  We shared what was happening with Sole Girls and she came up with a ton of ideas on how she and MEC could help […]

Read More

We’re Hiring! Sole Girls Operations Manager

October 6, 2015

​Who we are Sole Girls is a small but growing Vancouver social enterprise that delivers empowerment programs to tween girls. Participants build confidence and friendships while training to finish a 5km fun run. Our core values are essential in how we run our operations, and we are looking for someone who resonates with the SOLE […]

Read More

Leadership Training! by Soleteer Olivia

October 6, 2015

I was SOLE excited a couple of weeks ago to spend a day at Sole Girls Leadership Training! As I walked up to the door of Daisy’s Sandwiches & Such, marked by a big pink balloon swaying in the breeze, I was greeted by nine smiling ladies and the smell of freshly baked muffins. I […]

Read More

nognz brain fitness

August 11, 2015

The moment I saw the name of this little boutique on Bellevue, in West Vancouver, I knew Sole Girls had to get involved.   nognz is all about “brain fitness,” which is engaging your brain to enrich your life!!!  They sell games, activities, books and different ideas to get you “thinking out of the box”. […]

Read More

Passion Foundation

July 6, 2015

Hi Everyone!For the Next 21 Days, Sole Girls is supporting Passion Foundation, a local not for profit dedicated to girls in Canada.  This foundation provides girls ages 11-24 with leadership and community development skills to change their present and shape their future! Why 21 Days? There are 21 days until the Scotiabank Half Marathon Vancouver on […]

Read More

Granola Girl

June 21, 2015

On August 26th and 27th 2013 we are hosting our Sole Awesome, So You, SUMMER CAMP at MEC in North Vancouver!!  We will be answering a Big Question: What does it mean to be strong?   Nutrition is one important part of being strong – not only for our bodies but also for our minds.  When you feed […]

Read More

44 more Dresses!

May 23, 2015

Last year, we found out that Grade 7 graduation can be a challenging time for a lot of families because it has gotten to be very expensive and a really big deal.  All the pieces that go into making grad special like the dresses, the hair, the jewellery, and of course a lot of effort […]

Read More

Soleteer Blog: How my first half healed me

May 6, 2015

How my first half healed me: A story of recovery through running by Soleteer Chloe ScottThroughout high school, running was nothing short of humiliating for me. From being one of the first “out” during the dreadful Beep Test, to being teased for running with “chicken arms”, running was synonymous with embarrassment. It wasn’t until hearing about Sole […]

Read More